Posted by: andy | 2004/10/25

questions for Gynae visit

Dear GynaeDoc

I'm am planning to go to a gynae to find out why I am having difficulty falling pregnant. What type of questions should I ask and what should he check for.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

I hope Nix has helped.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Nix | 2004/10/25

You need to tell him how long you're been trying and whether you've been monitoring your ovulation or not. He will then do a standard battery of tests (scan for ovulation, blood tests, semen analysis on your husband, etc). He will tell you exactly what he's testing for.

Don't let him just prescribe clomid to stimulate ovulation. When I called my gynae and said I wasn't pregnant after 9 months of trying, his nurse said I must come in and he will prescribe clomid. This would have been the worst thing to do as I was ovulating perfectly. There was a problem with my husbands sperm.

I went to a fertility specialist for tests and he was extremely thorough and found all sorts of hormoones which weren't quite at the right levels (in both me and my husband).

Good luck!

Reply to Nix

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.