Question
Posted by: JC | 2004/02/16

question regarding contraceptive pills

My girlfriend started taking the contraceptive pill, Marvelon, on 17th Jan and finished the pack on 6th Feb, 21 days. Then we had sex last time on 14th Feb, which is supposed to be the date when she start taking the second pack. However, she forgot and took the pill on 15th instead. Would there be the possibility of her getting pregnant?

JC, there is a theoretical possibility that she might fall pregnant as the most dangerous pills to skip are the first couple in the pack. Good luck.

1
Posted by: nia | 2004/02/17

out of experience and previous adice give to me the first 24hours after missing the pill is no crises - as long as you take it immediatly when you remember - although if it stands towards 48hours strat in the silver section again. if it only was 24hours - i wouldnt be too worried. but the fact that it was the first month since starting the pill can be dangerous
remember the "morning after pill" for up to 72hours afterwards if a crisis hits again

good luck - and be careful!

Reply to nia