Question
Posted by: Dee | 2007/03/22

Question on Sperm

Hi Doc,
My husband had his sperm tested in November and the results were:
Count: 21 million, morph: 3%, motility: 10%

We started him on a number of supplements eg Vit C, Vit E, antioxidants, omegas, Fertiboost.

Today we did a post coital test and we could see that his sperm looked bad still, deformed and swimming around in circles. We havent done another formal analysis again but I am wondering if there might be another problem like a Varicocele? Do you think we should see a urologist? He has tried very hard to change his diet, exercise, stop smoking and drinking but nothing seems to have helped.

Dear Dee

It is advisable that your husband see a urologist or a fertility specialist, should you wish to conceive.