Posted by: Caz | 2008/02/04

Question for the newly weds

Congrats newly weds.
Can any of you spell out what are the different types of marriage contract avail with the new civil union bill? Is it the same as the man-woman marriage options? Or do same-sex partners have to draw up their own contracts?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi Caz and thanks for posting.

A same-sex couple can choose to be registered as civil partners or as married. In either case you will need to have your contract completed prior to the ceremony. You will be referred to as Partner A and Partner B.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: bigpalm | 2008/02/05

Hi Caz

The contracts are exactly the same - all that the attorneys change is replacing Husband and Wife with your names.

Hope that this helps

Reply to bigpalm

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.