Question
Posted by: Lilly | 2007/12/21

Question for Dr Burger

Hi Dr Burger

Can you assist with my below question - Dr Bets thought you might be able to provide more info. I'd like to know if there is anything I can do or an operation I can have to remove the "neuroma "? Are there no chances to try and fix this ?

Thanks~

Date: 19/12/2007

Subject:
Posted by: Cyberdoc
Message:

Dear Lilly
Dr Burger will be "on duty" again on Friday 21/12 if you want to repost to him?
However, nerves usually generate within 18 months, if not, you may have permanent loss of sensation which is one of the well known risks of breast implants.
Date: 19/12/2007

Subject: RE: Breast Implants
Posted by: Lilly
Message:
Hi Dr Burger

Thank you for the info - but is there no operation I can go for to remove the "neuroma "? Are there no chances to try and fix this ?

Lilly

Message:
Dear Lilly

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

The changes that feeling in this area will be restored, are zero. Nerves grow at a milimeter a month but in your case, this process could have slowed down and that neuroma have formed, which will completely block the growth of the nerves.

Kind regards

Date: 16/12/2007

Subject: Breast implants
Posted by: Lilly
Message:

I went for breast implants in 2001 and had the incision under the breast. However since then on the one side just above the cut including the nipple are completely numb. Can feeling ever be restored? At times it is painful - a numb dull pain that aches. Very strange and very unpleasent. Can anything be done ? Or am I doomed to have this for life.

When I originally went for the consultation at the surgeon she said that it could be numb after surgery but feeling should return - alas, it never did.
Date: 14/12/2007

Dear Lilly

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, there is not much one can do once Neuroma has form. To explore the nerve that gives sensation, is not a very practical operation. As you are experiencing pain and discomfort, I suggest that you have the nerve that gives sensation to the specific are obliterated. This will take the pain and discomfort away but you will never have sensation in the area again.

Kind regards

2
Posted by: Spokie | 2008/09/29

I want to know, why my wound doesn' t want to heal. I was told by the nurses at the clinic, when they took out the stitches, that I am a very rare case. The wound healed on it' s own after a few weeks, though!! Please could you tell me why this is the case and what this is called.
thanks

Reply to Spokie
Posted by: Liz | 2008/07/16

Could you kindly give me a website address where I read up more about a neuroma (formed in the hand)

Reply to Liz