Question
Posted by: shooter | 2005/12/09

question for CS

Morning CS hope the evening was good.

With the issue of meds & attached investigations as to diagnosis of illness. would you advise the JHB general hospital or the Helen Josephs hospital for non medaid out patients?

I don't have sufficiently detailed recent experience of either to be sure which might be better. And the quality of individual consultants at individual departments, varies --- but so they do in private practice, too. They used to have a very sharp and able woman in charge of neurology at the Joburg Gen, but I get the impression that she has moved across into private practice, but she could still have left an adept dept

1
Posted by: Lonestar | 2005/12/09

Hi shooter,

Well it depends from which area you come. If you stay in the areas close to those hospitals you may go there otherwise you will be sent to your nearest Gov hospital for treatment.

Well being Gov hospitals you can expect the service to be poorer as with you private hospitals for starters. HJ's outpatient dept is great the only downfall is the long waiting period at the dispensary.

JG on the other hand's waiting period for meds is ok, however their outpatients sucks. They are flooded with sick people and people are laying on the floor waiting to see a doctor.

Irrespective, expect the worst and you won't be surprised. I know because my parents go there to see the doc and get their meds (HJ).

LS

Reply to Lonestar