Question
Posted by: Georgia | 2007/12/04

Question about morning after pill

I am interested in having sex with my boyfriend, but not keen to go on the pill! I have heard the horror stories of the young girl who went blind after being on contraceptives and since then i have vowed to never go on the pill again, but instead ensure my partner uses condoms... However, there's always the risk that the condom will break,so i have been looking into the Morning After or Emergency Contraceptive Pill just to know what to do should anything happen. But now i'm afraid of the blindness risk as well on the Morning After Pill!
Is it safe? Are the symptoms bad? Are there risks of blood clots like on the regular contraceptive pills? Can i go blind (this is a huge phobia of mine!!)
Georgia

Dear Georgia
I have never in the 20+ years that I have been a doctor seen or heard of someone that went blind because of using the pill. The emergency contraceptive is actually more dangerous to use as the esterogen levels in it is much higher. If you are scared to use the pill, why not consider the depo provera injection or an intra uterine apparatus?

3
Posted by: Sue | 2008/08/15

hi i would like to know how soon should i take the Morninng After pill after intercourse?
also how effect ive is it????

Reply to Sue
Posted by: Nthaby | 2008/04/15

Im a 24yr old professional, I think I might be pregnant but im not sure I've done endless home pregnancy test and they all say im not pregnant.
What happened is I've been having unprotected sex with my boyfriend and I took morning after pills (3 doses) for the past 8 days but now I need totake them again and I dont want to - do you think Im pregnant? and do You think if I dont take the pills now I will be pregnant? . .

Reply to Nthaby
Posted by: Georgia | 2007/12/05

The depo provera injection? is that safer to use? Are there any instances when one should not use it?
G

Reply to Georgia