Posted by: Julia | 2012/09/26

Question about lungs

Dear Cyber Doc

My father had a few symptoms recently relating to his lungs, such as a sharp pain under his left ribs and breathlessness. He is okay now and hasn''t had any other strange symptoms. But he went to the doctor who sent him to a lung specialist. The specialist did sputum tests but they did not reveal anything odd. Now my father is being sent to a thoracic expert. What kinds of tests can we expect? I feel that we are going from one doctor to the other and not knowing what could happen or what could be the problem. As i said, my father hasn''t had any other symptoms and even his breathing is great now.

Thanks for your help and i appreciate any feedback.

Kindest regards

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc


I think that they will perform an MRI scan or a CT scan of his chest. This will give a detailed picture of a possible cause for his symptoms.


Dr Anrich

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.