Question
Posted by: Wondering | 2007/07/11

Question about egg donation

I’m not sure if this is the right place to get information but here goes:

I’m seriously considering becoming an egg donor. I might as well because it means I can help desperate people. The question is this: I had a nervous breakdown earlier this year and am now taking Cipralex and Lamictin daily as part of the recovery treatment. Will this mean that I cannot be a donor? Also, what effects will the hormone treatments of the donation process have on my current medication and vice versa?

If this means I cannot be a donor I would like to know now so that I don’t waste anyone’s time or give anyone false hope.

This probably means that you cannot be a donor. Post to the fertility doc to be sure.