Question
Posted by: SLS | 2007/06/02

question 2463 -biology project

Thank you fo your reply. We understand your reasons for not assisting with homework. My daughter is working on a project for a science expo, and she has free choice with regard to her research topic. She chose to research breast augmentation because she was very successful with a previous project on body dysmorphic disorder. She has researched sites on google extensively but she finds that most of the information appears to be biased one way or the other; also a requirement is that she uses sources other than the internet. She has sent out a few questionnaires to medical professionals but without success. We appreciate your response anyway.

I suppose that only people who are biased one way or another are likely to use the energy to create a website on such topics ! And indeed in any research one does, evaluating possible bias and relaibility in one's sources is a key skill, best developed early. Most docs are too busy to respond to questionnaires ; and those who are not too busy, are probably too lazy ! Hope the project works out well and proves to be useful