Question
Posted by: Daz | 2008/01/17

Question

Hi all,

I would like to know if there is a forum that a person can use to ask exercise related questions. The question I have is a general one and no something that FitnessDoc needs to answer.

The question is: Do you listen to music when you swim or exercise. I don't mean the music the gym plays, I mean your own mix or play list? If so what do you listen to?

Then I'd add my list and see what other people listen to, but as I’ve said I think it's something better suited to a forum.

- Daz -

Hi daz

I'll give it a shot - may people do train to music these days, either in the form of I-Pods or other portable players. Not necessarily in the water, I've not seen that yet, but during other exercise, most people are listening to something. I can't say what people listen to though! Interesting study a few years ago found that music with a beat above about 60 beats per minute was better for exercise (in terms of performance), which makes sense. A lot of elite athletes listening to dance music/techno before they compete, because of the effect it has on their psyche - they get pretty pumped up!