Question
Posted by: Marie | 2007/04/13

question

I have little (pinkie-end) size round soft 'thingies' coming from my throat every now and then. Sometimes smaller. It is white-ish and smells terrible.
It just appears in my mouth - coming from my throat.
As you can imagine I don't feel like going to a doctor about it and have asked family if they experienced the same - but noyone has -
I am just very worried about what it could be?
Thyroid?
Very difficult to explain and I hope you have an idea what it could be.....

Ta

Hallo Marie
This comes from the tonsils - they have crypts ( like tubes) and if there is a chronic infection the discharge or pus calcifies or thickens in these folds or tubes causing tonsilliths. It may help to use a course of antibiotics and you could gargle with salt water.