Question
Posted by: cat | 2005/07/19

question

Hi doctor a new thought has crossed my mind regarding the rash I asked you about. Is it possible that something has bitten me on the same area where the first rash came out? Cause now I have this patch that looks like dry skin and over that little red pimples. But neither of them are itching. I know it's difficult for you to comment on but surely if it's an illness of some sort you would know?? humm?? The red ones seem to be spreading very slowly though or maybe not at all. [my paranoia creeping in again]...I told my husband about your previous comment that it may be eczema or a fungal infection, and he said it looked like a fungus...so I switched creams and used the Xeraspor T twice this morning....surely if it was something major wrong with me the rash would have spread to the rest of my body quickly or someone else would have gotten it...humm [your thoughts please]...don't serious problem start with a rash on the body [stomach area] first? or can it start just anywhere and not move?? Sorry that I'm being so persistent. The moment I get a chance I will go to the doctor, but right now I have a deadline to meet at work...I can just about make it to check my problem and mail you....thank you kindly...

Cat, I doubt that it is something serious and if something had bitten you one would expect to see the bite mark. If using the Xeraspor® three ties a day till the end of the week doesn’t help, it isn’t a fungal infection and then you should see your doctor over the weekend. Good luck.