Question
Posted by: Curious | 2004/12/08

Question

Dear Doc,

I am a firm believer in the practice of safe sex. I am on the pill (Triphazel) and have been for four years now. My fiance and I still use a condom because we just don't want to risk an unplanned pregnancy. The other night our condom split, but I'm not too worried because I am still on the pill. I just want to know when in your cycle are you least at risk of falling pregnant. No-one I have asked is able to answer this. I know you are never 100% safe, but the condom broke on the night following my monthly period and I just want to know if are you more or less fertile at this time of the month. Please advise.

The Pill suppresses ovulation, so there is no 'safe' or 'unsafe' period. You are protected throughout the cycle.

2
Posted by: Quest | 2004/12/08

hi,
if you had unsafe sex the day after completing your period, then you are at very low risk of falling pregnant. You are at a high risk 2 weeks after the first day of your last period. so, in my opinion, you are most likely NOT pregnant.

Shake off the stress and relax..after all you are on the pill

Regards.

Reply to Quest
Posted by: Pokkel | 2004/12/08

Since you are on the pill and taking it regularly, you will not fall pregnant. Your most fertile time is 10 days after your start of your period for about 5,6 days.

Reply to Pokkel