Question
Posted by: ? | 2004/01/07

Question

I know this is a silly question, but do GPs offer HIV tests? How much are they? I am terrified of getting tested, but feel that I would be more comfortable with a GP than at a clininc. Please advise.

Expert ImageHIV Peer Forum

Yes GPs should do the test and counseling. The test costs +/- R114

2
Posted by: Yolanda | 2004/01/08

Working on a school product, I need more information in the virus and how it works in the body. I also need a picture of the virus if possible.

Reply to Yolanda
Posted by: malaika | 2004/01/07

Yes.GP's do offer HIV tests.My GP gave me a letter to take to the lab and then she called me when my results were out.I know it is a nerve-racking experience but it is better to know early so that you can look after yourself better and in turn live longer.Go for the test and set your mind at ease.You will survive,whatever the result may be!!!
Good Luck.

Reply to malaika