Question
Posted by: Beyond Tired | 2004/10/01

Quest - Weekend

With reference to the earlier posting: Thanks one and all. DG, you are right, feeling downright 'kak', have no idea what the levels were that were measuring with blood, but was 369 and dropped to 116 when was discharged, whatever that is. Have no idea if still dangerous or not, just exhausted and because of the pain in my knees and the episode yesterday only took one kind of pain pill, however made me so dizzy, I have been walking around like a tiger in a cage.
I really did hope this weekend was going to be peaceful, however a friend has arranged for myself, herself and our kids to go away and doesn't want to include my bf. He has said that we do things together and if I go without him he won't be there when I come back, I cannot cope with this type of torment, because her kids for some strange reason don't seem to like him, they are between the ages of 11 and 14 and I don't have the energy for their bickering and long faces, the 14 year old is downright rude at times and always wanting to die as well, I cannot pick her up and don't really want to, have told her I have my own issues, but she is insistent, makes me feel hopeless and as if I need to be there for her. I would prefer to be with bf and have said as much but making me feel guilty, kids complained terribly in the background and she said should bring him with, naturally after appointment with doc, but they have already left and taken my little angel with so what I am suppose to do. Bf is getting his son on Sunday and we made plans to spend the day together with our two kids. Why is it that people seem to be complicating my life?
Sorry for always seeming to complain, was trying so damned hard to be positive and was up to now, now down in the dumps. What to do, any advice?

Hello again BT,
I wonder what the levels were. Some drugs it is convenient to measure blood levels of the drug itself, and that might include paracetamol that was in the mixture. Others it's very difficult to measure directly. Because the paracetamol can cause liver damage, they'd probably do Liver Function Tests, which are usually a group of related chemical tests of a range of chemicals usually at low levels in the blood if one's liver is working well, so that higher levels indicate poss of liver function.
Remember, although this was "one kind of pain pill" although it was one pill, it contained three different drugs, with three different potential problems in high dose.
Might your bf understand that you can't face conflict with him or this other friend this weekend, and would prefer not to expose him to those obnoxious kids who don't seem to get on with him ? Awful how other people, even with good intentions, interfere and complicate one's life just when one wants it to be kept simple. Would yopur child be OK to spend the weekend with them, and let you spend a more peaceful weekend with your bf and his child on Sunday ? What will best suit you and your health, will be best for your child, as well. Don't let this other friend steamroller you into something that could become an ordeal for you. Remember, the ration is a maximum of one ordeal per week. Those other two kids sound like a real pain, of the sort you're not allowed to give tablets for !

3
Posted by: A | 2004/10/04

BT - You really need to start standing up for what YOU want - in life, when we make decisions, someone is ultimately not going to be happy with what we have decided. so , in your case, whether you upset you friend or your b/f - one of them would have been unhappy - it is also not fair of your friend to insist that your b/f not come with. I would have told her thanks but no thanks - then I will stay home. Dont let people give you ultimatums and end up making your life a misery in the process.

Decide what YOU want and then let them all know - ITS YOUR LIFE

Love, A

Reply to A
Posted by: Oh dear | 2004/10/01

Hi BT,

You need to learn to take your life into your own hands. After all you have been through and all the pain you are in, how can your friend expect you to go away? Even if she means well, you have to learn to say NO and not feel guilty. What I am trying to say is: if other people want you to do things that you are not happy doing, the say no,after all it is your life..... Don't let others run your life for you, I know it is hard, but learn to say No thank you. Good Luck and take care. P.S. I was told, by a counselor, that people pleasers like you and I get walked all over by bullies, that is when I learnt to say NO.

Reply to Oh dear
Posted by: Lonestar | 2004/10/01

Hi BT,

I am so sorry that you have to endure all of this. I also know what it feels like when you're down in the dumps and wish people would just leave you alone and they're so adamant and persistent on "helping" you (yeah right) that they actually help you "van die wal af in die sloot" and afterwards claim to be the hero in your life.

Makes me so sick, I just want to puke... Well, I don't have a solution for this situation, however I do want to tell you that you are in my thoughts. Be strong and take care of yourself.

LS

Reply to Lonestar