Posted by: Dorie | 2006/11/07

Query Wheat/gluten allergy

Dear Doc, I have been diagnosed with Linchen Planus about 4 months ago. I then started readin up on it and got some insight. Started monitoring what I eat and what ingredience is in the food. I then brought it down to Wheat/gluten it really disagrees with my system. I then started looking into that and found a lot of stuff that I ate had this in. I then started changing my eating patern and it is going better now. What I would like to know is what other type terminology is used for wheat/gluten in products. e.g "corn starch" I need to be able to identify the smallest ingredience in any product that contains wheat/gluten. I really feel like a better person since I identified my problem. But know I am still not there 100%. Can you please help me by telling me what other "names" they call wheat/gluten on packaging. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Kind regards
Dorie Cook

not sure what are the other names they called this

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageDietDoc

Dear Dorie
If you click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'Food-related diseases' you can read the articles on wheat and gluten allergy which will provide more names for you. For more information visit the SA Allergy Association Website at: . Hope you get this condition well under control.
Best regards

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.