Question
Posted by: SL | 2006/07/23

Query Vitiligo

My 13year old daughter was diagnosed with Vitiligo after having a biopsy taken from her lower leg. Both her legs are affected. 2 Dermatologists then thoroughly examined her legs together & said they think it is some other skin condition (Guttate something) and 90% vascular - they rubbed the areas with ice packs to see the response. (circulation) Who do I take her to now that would deal with the vascular side of things - it is starting to worry her as the blotches are small but covering the calves - she is extremely active (dances competitively) so it is becoming a problem - Any help would be appreciated. If I need to travel to see someone that is fine - I live in East London.
Many thanks
SL

Dear SL
Your dermatologist should be able to refer you to a laser clinic to treat the vascular lesions?