Question
Posted by: jessie | 2008/07/16

query

I would love sensible advice. I am 16 n have a heavy pubic hair growth. What is the purpose of this growth? does it help maturity of girls? Should I remve it or let it grow? Pl also advise why shpold women wear panties as it does not support ant thing like bra does or u/wear for men does. Personally I am comfortable without it should I remain so.

Expert ImageTeen expert

Hi Jessie,

the amount of pubic hair one as is genetic, but all men and women produce pubic hair when they reach maturity. Removing it has no bearing on your maturity of physical health. The decision about wearing underwear is a personal one, but many people do this for hygiene reasons rather than for support.