Question
Posted by: stelebelle | 2005/07/28

quarterzone injections

Hi my name is Stella
I have been diagnosed with bursitis in both my shoulders and also arthritis in the right shoulder, tendonitis in my elbows.
I have been told by my doctor that I may need a course of injections, I have had 2 quarterzone injections in my left elbow and 1 injection to my left shoulder (3 yrs ago) those injections did not work, and I really do not know anything about the injections my doctor said to check on the net.
Could you please explain how the injections is supposed to work.
I have also been told stories that you should not have these injections, Doctors says yes and quite a few patients say no.
I am very confused on this. Any help will be appreciated

Stelebelle, the cortisone is supposed to suppress the inflammation in the affected areas and then hopefully you won¡¯t have a problem again. There are pros and cons, and taking them too often are definitely bad for you. The best would be to see an orthopaedic surgeon and get his opinion on it. Good luck.

4
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/09/28

Hi i have got calcific tendonitis in my left shoulder, i have had one lot of Quarterzone injection and my drs wants me to have another lot done the last lot, i had done the doctor put give me steriods as well as the quarterzone . my worry is that does the injection put your weight on, because f it does i have put my weight my back on again

Posted by: Cos | 2006/02/10

Pros and cons on having a injection in spine with quarterzone injection

Reply to Cos
Posted by: COS | 2006/02/09

Information on having Quarterzone Injection in spine

Reply to COS
Posted by: padgey | 2005/09/02

had injection in shoulder pain still there dr wants ultrasound injection what side effects of the injections

Reply to padgey