Question
Posted by: Sandra | 2004/12/08

Quantitaive test score 7 - what does this mean?

I did a blood test last tuesday which showed that I was pregnant.
On Wednesday night I started bleeding and went to my gynae on thursday am. He did a quantitaive blood test which showed that I was 2-3 weeks pregnant. My gynae prescribe utrogestron and I continued bleeding until Saturday. I then did another quantitaive test last night. The sister says that my quantitaive score is 7 and my gynae says that that means that I am not pregnant. What does this mean??

That is a very low level and probably means that you have lost the pregnancy.

2
Posted by: sandra | 2004/12/08

Thanks Jessica,

I thought as much......just wanted to confirm it - my gynae is in theatre all day today, so he couldnt help me and i've been on tenterhooks all day wanting to know.

Once again - thank you
and best of luck to u if u're trying

Reply to sandra
Posted by: Jessica | 2004/12/08

I had a blood test done when I just found out i was pregnant, the score were 109, later we couldn't detect a heartbeat so we did another test, the score 70000 two days later we did another one and the score was dropping,

I turned out that the baby had died and I needed an evacuation since i did not start bleeding on my own,

I'm sorry to say that you might have had a very early miscarraige.

Hope all is well

Jessica

Reply to Jessica