Question
Posted by: Rat | 2005/01/10

Qualities of friend....

Hey CS,

I was wondering about something, I have a very good platonic male friend, we get on like a house on fire, we both love each other as friends and have talked about stronger feelings etc. That has been sorted out. People has told me before that it comes across that we are an item i.e. a couple and I have asked them to explain but yet they tell me they can't. I have to admit that he has a lot of qualities that I want in a partner could this also just be because I'm not so overly critical of him ?? I love the fact that we can talk about anything, we laugh and joke and I went away on holiday and when I saw him he hugged me tighter than usual and said that he really missed me alot. He has also told me that he loves me. Perhaps I'm just feeling a bit lonely as things with my current boyfriend aren't working out as planned and I just feel that my boyfriend takes me for granted and uses me for sex.

I dunno just wannted to let off some steam and hear what you guys think ??

have a good one

Hard to tell, at a distance. Sometimes part of what we admite in a friend, are their similarities to ourself, and this may make the couple of you more noticeable to others. IF your current bf is taking you for granted and using you, he sounds like a rather bad idea, doesn't he ? And that would make any genuine friend seem far more attractive, by comparison. And maybe you need a good friend more than a lover ?

2
Posted by: Liza | 2005/01/10

I married my best friend - got divorced 6 years later with 2 children. No, he didn't make my toes curl, but we could talk about anything to each other while we were still friends. Then again people have said that my best friend and I also sometimes look like a 'couple'. This naturally sends his boyfriend up the wall with jealousy. Nothing can come of it - but we do love each other - just not in the boyfriend/girlfriend kind of way. We're almost like twins - can tell each other anything. I think that everyone needs a friend like that - a best friend that you can tell anything and everything to. This doesn't mean you have to marry that person though. My advice - keep it platonic, dump the current boyfriend and then get a new one sometime.

Just my 2c.

Liza

Reply to Liza
Posted by: SR | 2005/01/10

Dear Rat,

Do you guys have chemistry or is he merely fulfilling a need in you that your current boyfriend does not?

Does your current boyfriend still make your "toes curl"?

Does this guy have potential to make your "toes curl"?

Reply to SR