Question
Posted by: Lester | 2005/07/08

QESTION

Doc I have been suffering from a red thoat for a long time have used evertyhing including atiboitics for infections as told by the DR.

Now do you think my tonsils should be taken out beacuse ot the infections that keep coming or redness og throat.Could this also be the cause that the bad breath does not disappaer.What is the tonsils main function in the body.

Dr says possible cause could be this and if my redness dont go
away it is most probable this that needs to be taken ou.

PS sorry for the long message.

And thanks aswell for your continious replies.

Lester, the tonsils might be to blame, but the best would be to have a throat swab taken. This will tell you what the causative organism is and then you can take the appropriate antibiotic (if indicated). If the infection then returns, you need to see an ear, nose and throat specialist and maybe have your tonsils removed. Good luck.