Posted by: Bob | 2004/11/21


Hi, I've had trouble with my quads for some time now. I've posted questions to the sports doc & physio but have had no response for a few weeks now. When I play sport, speciffically when I run with long strides, I get pain in the upper part of the quad. I've been going to a biokenetic centre for 3 months now, streetching various muscles and doing strengthening work but there has been no improvement. Do you have any advice on what I should do now? Who else could I go to for a second opinion? Could I have damaged it to the point where I need surgery? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Bob, it might be due to referred pain from the sciatic nerve. What sometimes happens is that the nerve forms adhesions to the surrounding tissues and this causes pain when you stretch the leg. Usually it clears up with stretch exercises, but sometimes it requires more drastic treatment. The best would be to see an orthopaedic surgeon and have him sort it out for you. Good luck.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.