Question
Posted by: Norma | 2004/02/17

Q on falling pregnant.

I would like to know what could be wrong, why my friend is not falling pregnant. She went off the pill in Feb 2003, she went for a check-up in Jan 2004, doc couldn't find anything wrong, she ovulates, she has her period every 28 days and hubby has been checked aswell.
I know there are alot of ladies out there struggling to fall pregnant, what else could be wrong.....
I really feel sorry for her, we kind of planned our pregnancies together, but I'm on week 17 already, and it very hard to talk to her about my pregnancy, I can see the pain in her eyes.
i know everyone is diff and God has His own plan for everyone, but what could it be??????

She should have her tubes checked to see that they are not blocked.

Best wsihes

1
Posted by: Wendy | 2004/02/17

Hi Norma,

Shame, this is a terrible thing to go through for you both. I'm only 6 and a half weeks preggies and my best friend and I also planned to be preggies together but shes not yet and it already feels ackward to speak to her, 17 weeks difference must be very hard. Maybe your friend is not timing it properly, does she know when she is ovulating each month, maybe her luteal phase is a little different, ie 16 days instead of 14? So she would therefore ovulate on day 12 of her cycle instead of 14 which would normally be the case in a 28 day cycle. ( luteal phase is normally 12 to 16 days long for everyone, its only the first part of the cycle that varies ) She could try the temperature charting method, an ovulation test kit, mucus charting method and they need to make sure they have sex every 2nd or 3rd day but not everday as then there isn't enough time for the sperm to build up but abstaining too long is no good either. There are some very good sites on fertility, try webwomb dot com or fertilitydays dot com. They give all info on the most common fertility charting methods. Maybe there is a small underlying cause that isn't being picked up like a small fibroid or cyst, possibly she should try a specialist and have deeper investigations done, but I have heard it can take up to 2 years for some couples even if nothing is wrong so they need to keep trying. Possibly some mild anti-depressants would help if she is now becoming too stressed with becoming pregnant as that can also interfere with falling pregnant, something homeopathic like rescue remedy is wonderful if you don't want to use serious medication. She could also try a homeopath, I've heard alot of people have fallen pregnant after going to homeopaths as they work on regulating your hormones naturally and there are no side effects as with some of the other fertility drugs you get these days. If all else fails just keep praying, everything comes in Gods time and not a moment sooner no matter how badly you want it.

Reply to Wendy