Question
Posted by: Chopperdude | 2007/08/13

Pyroluria

I am struggling this last two years with this "distant" feeling - as if I am not in contact with my emotions - very weird. Done a whole bunch of medical examinations - all came out great - even passed my flying medical. So physically I am ok - but I still struggle with this distant feeling. I have searched the internet umpteenth times - and saw something interesting called pyroluria - a shortage of B6 and Zinc - that can be one of the causes of depression, anxiety etc. Would like to have your comments on this please - as it appears to be one of those grey disputed areas...

A physical cause is rather unlikely, so you'd do better to see a good local shrink for a proper assessment of that side of things. There is NO good evidence ( other than from people profitting from selling vitamins and mineral supplements ) that Zinc shortage is ever related to significant depression.