Question
Posted by: MichelleT | 2008/01/09

PV Bleed after C/Section - How long ?

I had a baby via c/s 2 weeks ago.

I was bleeding "normally" for the 1st week, it then stopped completely and has now started again 3 days ago - it is about as heavy as it was in hospital.

Is this normal ?

I am also breast feeding - would this influence the bleeding?

Your feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you.

This is within normal limits. See what happens in the next week or two.

Bedst wishes

1
Posted by: N | 2008/01/09

I had a baby via c-sec nearly 5 weeks ago.The first 3 days there was nearly nothing,but when i got home, i started being very heavy for a week,stopped and after afew days started again.It went on like this up until about 4 days ago.Now there is nothing!
With my first pregnancy,it was heavy from the beginning for about 2 weeks and got lighter after that and stopped at about 5 weeks!I think its different for every women and every pregnancy!

Reply to N