Question
Posted by: TANYA | 2004/10/04

PUSH OVER

my little girl is 3year 11 months & cries easy, i always have to go play with her at parties, she is also very shy, how do i teach her not to be a push over & let people walk all over her, dont want her to be like me, teacher at school says she use to be like that at school a couple of months ago but is a "strong" girl at school her personality does change a bit when i get there though. I also have another little girl 1 year 1 month, 3year old did not have a problem with the new baby in the house - please help

This sounds rather situation-specific, and could still be relatd to the presence of the new child. have you thought of taking her to see a child psychiatrist or child psychiatrist, if this problem persists ? It's interesting and relevant if she WAS so shy and awkward at school but is no longer so, yet retains this pattern of behavior at parties and social occasions.