Question
Posted by: Rottie | 2008/06/09

Purple Brusing over the body

My daughter is in her early twentys and recently large purple bruses started to appear on her body in various places. On her stomach, legs and arms. She says that some of them are sore to the touch. What would cause this to happen.

Dear Rottie
this can be serious - she needs to see a doctor as soon as possible - can be due to a severe platelet depletion, some blood cancers or serious liver problems. Some dangerous infections can also do this.

1
Posted by: Rottie | 2008/06/12

Dear Cyber Doc
I just want to thank you for your advise. We immediately went to the doctor and my daughter was admitted and treated for platelet depletion and seems to be on the mend.

Many thanks

Reply to Rottie