Question
Posted by: daizy | 2004/11/17

Purbac/Minerva

Hi, my dermatologist has pescribed Purbac and Minerva birth control tablets for my skin, I have just read up that Purbac is for BLADDER infections. Is this true. Is there any web site I can go to and find out more about Purbac. I would feel like such and idiot if I was duped into believing that Purbac was for my SKIN

Daizy, Purbac® is a broad-spectrum antibiotic that used to be affective against many infections including bladder infections. These days it is used mainly as adjuvant in the treatment of acne. Good luck.

2
Posted by: probgal | 2004/11/18

Hi, Purbac is an antibiotic. In most cases it doesnt work. I have personally suffered from acne and the birth control pill ie either minerva or dianne 35 is great. Make sure that you use it for more that 9 months for it to clear your system

Reply to probgal
Posted by: Vlooi | 2004/11/18

My son used Purbac (antibiotic) for his skin for a few years. It worked wonders!

Hope it does the same for you.

Reply to Vlooi