Question
Posted by: Lynda | 2005/07/07

PURBAC

I have been prescribed PURBAC DS. I have taken only 3 tabs and have started developing a mottled red blotches on my legs. I have stopped taking the tabs. Is this a good idea. I have read some pretty gruesome stories about the side effects.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Lynda,

Hypersensitivity reactions particularly involving the skin are among the most common adverse effects of co-trimoxazole. This is usually due to the sulphamethoxazole component of the tablet.
Yes, I'd say stop the treatment and contact your doctor for a different option.

2
Posted by: mom | 2006/03/07

My daughter was prescribed Purbac Ds by a skin specialist , but I am getting worried as she has now been taking it for 6 months. Her skin is clear, but what are the long term side effects of taking an antibiotic?

Reply to mom
Posted by: the kid | 2005/09/03

im using purbac ds for alittle over 2weeks now and my feet and hands get this unbearable itch is this normal or should i stop the treatment

Reply to the kid