Question
Posted by: Nadine | 2007/05/21

pups getting spayed

hi,

my 2 pups are getting spayed on the 5th June, what must i do once i bring them home after the op, what are the allowed to do and what not? i want to try and keep them as comfy as possible and will they be in any pain?

thanks so much
Nadine

Don't let them chase around for a few days and also prevent them from licking their wounds. Otherwise normal feeding and gentle exercise will be fine.

2
Posted by: Nadine | 2007/05/22

Hi Joni

they will be six months at the end of the month. They are a real pavement special, x between fox terrier and jack russel and something else (lol).
my boyfriend is on leave for three weeks and we taking them in the beginning of his leave so he can look after them during the day.

thanks for your advice.

Nadine

Reply to Nadine
Posted by: Joni | 2007/05/21

Hi Nadine

First off thank you for being a responsible pet owner and sterilising your animals. I'm a firm believer in sterilising.

Don't worry they bounce back from the op far quicker than humans would. They'll be a bit tender and drowsy for the first day or so, then its just a case of making sure they don't lick, jump and aren't too boisterous. A nice comfy bed near the heater can help. How old are they and what breed?

Keep well
Joni

Reply to Joni