Question
Posted by: Ano | 2008/01/07

Puppy die after bath

I'm feeling guilty of what happened to my puppy (Manana). she was so active started barking at four weeks but somehow now a five weeks her weight was going down and down i thought was part of growing up.
i noticed fleas on them recently and i was worried and i decided to dip adults dogs.then i used a sponge with dip water and put on the puppies as well.
that was on saterday morning,then i left for my appointment at 12pm everything was normal.when i get home in the afternoon at 4pm Manana was pale,dehytrated and looked like she never had food in weeks.when i smell her behind i could smell Parvo dieses.suprised and she was trying to drink water but couldn't.we gave her some water,at 6pm she died.was it perhas that dip people? what have i done on this earth !! i can't shake this feeling that i might have killed Manana.though all the puppies are fine.how can i get through this quilty

If the other puppies are fine it is unlikely to be the dip. Manana could have had "tick bite" fever or parvo as bothe can cause severe problems in puppies. Please have the other pups checked over by your vet.

1
Posted by: anon | 2008/01/08

Have your puppies been checked out by your Vet? Have you had them innoculated, dewormed etc. The Vet can give you meds for the fleas?

Reply to anon