Question
Posted by: S | 2008/01/24

Puppy and kitten pooing everywhere!

I need advice urgently! I have a little daschund and kitten at home who poo's everywhere. The kitten has a litter box which is outside but she doesnt want to use it and when she does, the puppy eats the poo and bring it into the house. The puppy also poos in the house and I do not know if it is because it is raining that they dont want to go outside? This is really becoming a problem for us. The puppy was trained and did his 'thing' outside but since its raining he doesnt want to. They also stay in the house, coz i dont want them outside the whole day in the rain and someone might steal them. PLEASE tell me how I can sort this out!!!! I am vomiting each and every day when I clean their mess. And the smell is awfull!!!!

Some pets are reluctant to go out to do thier toilet when it is wet. may cat will also not use a litter tray that is not clean or when it is wet. You will need to place a litter tray indoors for the cat and place it where the dog cannot access it. You will need to reward the dog for doing its toilet outside - this will mean you going out in the rain with the dog and waiting until it is finished.

2
Posted by: S | 2008/01/25

Carol, I dont have kids, so i dont change nappies. I have a very sensitive nose as well so any smell gets to me.
Thanks for the advice any way.

Reply to S
Posted by: Carol | 2008/01/24

Cleaning up puupy poo and kitty poo isnt much different to changing nappies IMO ... but anyhow.

Kittens generally prefer to have their litter box inside .. the outside world is a scary place to do your personal business if you are a kitten .....

Put the litter box in a room that you can put a barricade of some description across the door so that pup cant get to it.

As for pup ... his feet get wet when he has to go outside and being low on the ground so does his tummy .. so you will HAVE to hold his paw walk around outside with him in the rain until what he has too ..

Reply to Carol