Posted by: Concerned | 2009/03/02



My Jack Russell' s pups (crossed with a Pug) are 4 weeks old now.

I am concerned that they are not being fed enough, as it seems like the mother is not feeding them as often as before and they are constantly howling/growling..

What can i feed them at home, without going for too many expences.. Some are advising on Pro Nutro, others S26 baby powermilk, pedigree meat and gravy for puppies, etc..
When should/can they start to drink water etc?

And one last question is when should they be dewormed?

Many thanks!

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberVet

Dear Concerned

You can worm the puppy now, start the puppy on soaked Hills puppy mini pellets or hills puppy tin food.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: WR | 2009/03/02

They can be de-wormed now - ASK YOUR VET.
They can start eating soften puppy pellets (with water) now - ASK YOUR VET.
Leave the meat, Pro Nutro etc - get a proper balanced puppy pellet (Hills, Vet' s Choice, Eukanuba etc etc), soften with water, and make sure they eat - keep mother away.
Make sure they have enough fresh water - in a shallow bowl so they won' t drown.
Speak to your Vet - it is NB!

Reply to WR

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.