Question
Posted by: Candy | 2007/12/06

Pulse rate

Hi, I am a 57 year woman have been very fit all my life. I have always had a pulse rate of between 55 - 60. Due to recently having a back op (3 months ago) I have been unable to excerise as much as I would like to. However, my blood pressure is 124/82 but my pulse right is frighfully high, 108! Yesterday it was 115!! What on earth could be causing this and should I take it seriously or not?
thanks

Dear Candy
This sounds a bit high for just being unfit - I think you should let your doctor do an ECG to exclude tachycardia.
See http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/tachycardia/DS00929