Question
Posted by: Eadie | 2007/03/06

Pulsatng Veins, sore throat and a cyst

In January I developed shooting pains in my calf muscles and then the veins in my thighs became very prominent. My calves also felt very weak when walking. My GP thought I may be suffering from anxiety as I have been stressed and treated me for this. Earlier last month the vein in my right arm (In the inside of my elbow joint) began to ache and pulsate after a run and seems to still be doing so. I have been back to the GP who says it is a circulation problem and told me to monitor my blood pressure. My blood pressure has been fine at each check. The GP also pointed out that I have an inflamed throat and I do feel as if I have a bit of a dry cough. I do also have a cyst in my groin that I have had for years but have had a biopsy on it in the past - there was nothing sinister found at the time, but when this cyst is up, I do find the veins and the top of my legs and in my groin area become prominent. Could this all be related? Or....?

Dear Eadie
I would have referred you for at least a sonar or doppler of the calves to see if the circulation in the legs is normal. You may have something pressing on the veins or arteries in the pelvis - maybe doing a sonar of the pelvis will also be a good idea?

1
Posted by: Eadie | 2007/03/07

Thanks ever so much for your response. Just something I wanted to clarify. Would the veins in the pelvis also effect the veins in the arm?

Reply to Eadie