Question
Posted by: sweets | 2005/11/29

pulsating navel

I'm a 23 year old female, i weigh about 45kg's and have been that weight since my teenage years, a while ago i noticed that when i lay on my back my stomach beats in sync with my heart - i never really took notice - and forgot about it - yesterday, its started again but this time the pulsating is much harder - the beating is just around the pilumbilical area, last night it felt as though i had a ball in my stomach - its not painful at all but very uncomfortable - i've also noticed that my left side of the lower abdomen is very rigid, (but this has been like this for almost 3 years now) something just doesn't feel right, almost as if something is out of place around the last rib, (my left side even looks a bit different to the right side i can't lay on my stomach and if anyone touches that side of me it's the most uncomfortable feeling, its feels like someone has there hand under my rib it's horrible) i have been to the doctor about the "displaced rib" :) but all i get is Voltaren pills - they never help. i want to do some research on this but would like a professionals opinion.

Sweets, it sounds like the pulsation might be due to your aorta, but I can’t guarantee it or tell you whether it is a normal aorta or not without examining you first. The best would be to have an abdominal ultrasound done and make sure. Good luck.