Question
Posted by: Stressed? | 2003/01/23

Pulling out hair

I've just been to SA for a 2 month holiday and had the best time over there. Since I got back home (in NZ) I've been pulling out my hair when I watch TV, read, or just sit and do nothing. I did it before I went to SA as well as years ago in SA. Why am I doing that? I am not a stressed person, but I find that I do it all the time. Please help me!

Stressed, trichotillomania is usually just a bad habit like biting one’s nails, but sometimes it’s a sign of underlying psychological stress. You will have to find a way to stop yourself from doing it otherwise you will end up bald. Pulling one’s hair usually something that you do in privacy or when you’re concentrating on something so if you need to, wear a beanie when you’re watching TV or something. I know you might feel stupid, but as long as it stops you from pulling out your hair, it’s a good thing. Good luck.