Posted by: Melanie | 2008/08/11

Puffy hand

Hi- my right hand has been puffy and gets itchy and REALLY swollen when l excercise or get hot. And it sometimes goes purple in the cold. My left hand is better, there is a lot more definition in my knuckles etc. Have you ever heard of this. I am 5ft 10inches and weigh about 70kg. I could do with losing a few kilos but l' m not overweight at such! Or am l!
This has been going on for a long time now and l get embarrased showing my hand.
Do you think l could be wheat intolerant.
I excercise a lot and eat lots of veggies.
Can you help me- l want a bony hand!!!

Dear Melanie
You may have a problem with the drainage of lymph in the hand or you may have a circulation problem (narrowed artery or something pressing on an artery) You may need to see an orthopedic surgeon. Ask your GP for a referral letter? Vit B 3 and 5 supplements helps for circulation but the problem may be physical.