Question
Posted by: Sen | 2007/11/30

Pubic lice during pregnancy

Help, yesterday I discovered I have pubic lice. I am 29 weeks pregnant. I shaved my pubic area last night. What can I use to treat this.

You should see your doctor for a prescription as not all treatmenrts for pubic lice are safe in pregnancy. Permethrin cream is safe.

1
Posted by: dejavu` | 2007/12/02

Sen, i discovered that i have pubic lice late in my 3rd trimester and i couldn't believe it was all happening to me - i kept thinking it was a nightmare & i'd wake up. just the thought of all that now makes me shudder - the idea of live creatures living and feeding off of u!
Anyway, i was ripped off by a haematologist posing as a GP who took a urine test & said i had a bacterial infection, so the lice just "developed" from that - he went to the adjoining pharmacy, came back &, realising my desperation and shame, charged me i think an extra R70 for the medication. I found out that he'd charged me extra because my boyfriend went to the same pharmacy the next day to get the medication & it cost less. I couldn't believe it. I know now that if i feel something's not right or the consulting room looks as shady as that one and the "doctor" doesn't seem to know his story, i'll ask for his proof of registration with the Health Professions Council - I'm paying a consultation fee, i deserve that much.

Anyway, sorry for using your question to relate my misfortune and naivete. Anyway, the medication was Lycoclear, i think. Because he seemed so clueless, i don't think he took into account that it could affect the baby as i was pregnant. But my baby's fine.

Reply to dejavu`