Question
Posted by: Uncomfortable & desparate | 2007/12/14

Pubic Hair

Im not sure where to post this, but plz help if any of u guyz can...

I just cant stand a hairy pubic area, for this reason i shave regularly, but now the thing is each time i shave I grow some kinda bump which is painful sometimes when touched. I changed from blade to use scissors but the results are the same... I went to see a GP about this and all he could say was its the hair blocked as its growing back... he advised that the best way is to stop shaving. I tried but i just cant help it,,,

Plz any advise will be so much appreciated

Thanx
Desparate

This sort of irritating bump sounds like Sucosis Barbae or something similar, a common problem with all who shave, and some of us are more sensitive to it than others, especially if our hair is naturally very curly.
BUT, your real basic problem is psychological in the extent to which you feel repelled by your normal, natural human hairness, where humans are meant to be hairy. Left to itself, apart from normal hygiene, pubic hair causes no problems at all. But shaving it can cause problems, as you have discovered. See a good local psuychologist who provides CBT counselling, to work on losing this unhelpful aversion you have to your own hair, and you will be able to give up the shaving, and enjoy life more freely.

5
Posted by: Vaya | 2007/12/18

since a certain dermatologist advised me to use smaller scrubbing brush about every second day when I shower or bath to help the curly hair not to curl under the skin and cause a bump, I never experience them bumps. It works like magic both on my head and my pubic area.

Reply to Vaya
Posted by: app | 2007/12/14

I bought a product from diskem - Vaya - that you roll on after shaving. is a great help.

Reply to app
Posted by: Sue | 2007/12/14

The same will happen with waxing but it is definitaly better by far!!

All you have to do is EXFOLIATE EXFOLIATE EXFOLIATE!!

my beautician tells me this all the time as i also get those pumps

Reply to Sue
Posted by: nkalakatha | 2007/12/14

i will reserve my comment for this one

Reply to nkalakatha
Posted by: prilly | 2007/12/14

Waxing works wonders. Very sore first time but after what a pleasure

Reply to prilly