Posted by: Bib | 2006/07/19


Someone i know recentely lost a baby 3 weeks after birth. She was fine for a while, but resently it seems that she has lost it. She keeps on repeating herself, seems confused, and permanetly in a daze. Is it PTSD. What can i do to help. She doesnt have medical aid, and the hospitals arnt helping her.

Please help.
I am desperate.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

It dosn't sound like PTSD< but could more likely be a combination of Post-Natal Depression which can include confusion, etc) and grief. I'm sorry to hear that "the hospitals" aren't helping her. Consider trying to arrange for her to be seen by the Dept of psychiatry at her nearest medical school ; perhaps seeing a good private psychiatrist for a single visit for assessment and advice on treatment which she could, with a leter from that shrink, then get from a GP or clinic. ? The Compassionate Friends, perhaps after this, could be a very useful source of further support

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: anon | 2006/07/19

She definitely is going through shock/grieving, yes all are side effects. She will definitely benefit from seeing a grief counsellor. There is an organisation called Compassionate Friends, support group of parents who have lost children. Allow her to talk, even if she repeats herself, be there for her. No-one can take away her pain, they can only support her through this. Perhaps you can encourage her to get some counselling or chatting to Compassionate Friends.

Reply to anon
Posted by: Paul | 2006/07/19

They say losing a child is the worst thing that can happen to a person.

You can only support her, people grieve in diffirent ways.

Reply to Paul

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.