Question
Posted by: Concerned | 2007/12/11

Psychosis and behavior modification

This question, to me, seems to have a rather obvious answer, but there are those who doubt my words. I am wondering if it is possible to modify the behavior of someone who is right then having a psychotic episode.

It wouldn't make much sense to try specific behaviour mod techniques on someone at that moment having an acute psychotic episode and while their mental functioning is disturbed by it. Just as one wouldn't try behaviour mod ( except in the crudest sense !) with someone who was drunk at the time. However, there is some evidence that behaviour therapy / CBT can help relieve some symptoms and more definitely, improve some types of functioning, in more chronic psychotic illness such as schizophrenia, though many people might not expect this to be so

1
Posted by: Me ??? | 2008/06/07

Can Genital Herpis be contracted from a blood transfusion?

Reply to Me ???