Posted by: A | 2008/10/03

Psychologist advice?

Hi THere!

I' m a 27yr old female living in Cape Town. I' d like to see a psychologist, and don' t know where to start looking for one. I contacted one closest to where I work, and he charges R420 per session / hr? not sure which?

Is this the normal rate? I don' t have a full medical aid that would be able to cover this.

Any advice as to where I could find a good psychologist in Cape Town?

Sounds like a fairly normal rate these days, and much less than half of what any plumber charges me, even with what they claim is a "pensioner's discount". Try calling F
A who could recommend some shrinks and would have some ideas about the rates they charge

Posted by: help | 2008/10/04

Also good the Anxiety and Depression group, they have a website and have a list of psycholgoists and their specialities, areas, etc.

Reply to help
Posted by: Lin | 2008/10/04

Try calling FAMSA. They' ll connect you with someone in your price range or will give you the contact details for their branch closest to you.

Reply to Lin