Question
Posted by: Depressed | 2008/01/25

Psoriasis: raw open skin

Hello Doc,
I suffer from psoriasis for the last 20 years. What's been happening lately is that the skin around my anus has been thinning and losing elasticity. I bleed when I wipe my self after going number 2. the skin does not seem to heal around this area. I am embarrassed to go show this to a doctor. What kind of ointment can I use to heal the skin ? I don't want to use my Elocon ointment on the raw skin as it has side effects. thanks in advance.

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I suggest that you use tar products and have coal tar or oatmeal baths.

Kind regards

1
Posted by: Depressed | 2008/01/27

thanks Doc. But is there a cream that a GP could prescribe or I could buy over the counter that can heal the open skin so I can then use the tar/oatmeal products ?

Reply to Depressed