Question
Posted by: casper | 2002/12/04

psoriasis on penis?

I have a mild case of psoriasis, the only indication of the disease is that I have pitted nails and a small red spot in the groin area just above the penis. Is it possible to get symptoms on the glans of the penis? It seems as everytime there is any sexual activity the glans of my penis turns red with little red spots. It is not painful but sore to the eye? Any suggestions?

Dear Casper,
I'm classing "psoriasis" with Dermatology, and hence will refer you to my friend, Cyber Doc. I'm not sure what treatment you have tried, but I do understand that it is a very frustrating condition to have. Many people might even confuse redness or red spots as STI's, so I'm sure it has very unpleasant consequences.
Please see a Skin Specialist for this condition.
Dr Mac

1
Posted by: Health24 | 2002/12/06

Dear Casper
You may be interested in our comprehensive article on psoriasis in the A-Z section of diseases and conditions.
Hope you find it useful.
Kind regards
Health24

Reply to Health24