Question
Posted by: Nita | 2006/11/10

Psoriasis

I'v posted this to the skindoc but I don't get a reply.
I've psoriasis for about 15 years now. I don't want to use cortisone anymore. Is there some other medication that I can use with good results. I can't afford a dermatologist, and would like to find some meds that my GP can perscribe. I have severe Psoriasis.

Dear Nita
Try using omega 3 and 6 oil supplements, bathing with Denorex shampoo ( don't get it in your eyes), using herbal emmolients like aloe vera cream, getting sunlight on the affected areas
They have developed a new cream but I think it could be quite expensive - not a cortisone (Elidel or Protopic)
Remember that psoriasis is not curable but managable and that you should try to keep it under control and prevent flare-ups.