Question
Posted by: lucia | 2006/10/30

psoriasis

i have been diagnosed by a gp that i have psoriasis,my problem is i have done some research and found out that i have a combination of both teardrop(guttate)psoriasis and psoriasis vulgaris.i have it all over my body ,trunk.hands,back,buttocks,thighs, stomach,besides my face ,neck,palms and the soles of my feet.considering all this info what kind of treatment would u recommend

help,very desperate,have tried everything but nothing seems to work.

Expert ImageArchive

Topical treatment is with tar, cortisone or Dovonex=vitamin C derivate. Light treatment is an option in more severe cases. Vitamin A derivatives and methotrexate ( risk of liver damage ) can be used in more severe cases. Most patients with psoriasis can be managed by combinations of the above treatments. Psoriasis cannot be cured. See a skin specialist with experience in the treatment of psoriasis. Treatment is individualized.