Question
Posted by: Lonestar | 2004/11/08

Provocation

Hi all you lovely guys and girls and my fav CS,

I need advice please. How do you deal with someone who constantly makes it their mission in life to pick a fight with you about stupid trivial things and always put a twist to what you have said.
Deliberate provocation, I know, but how do I deal with it, it drives me insane as he is a grown up (well I thought so) and when I confront him, he have an attitude that nobody loves him and everyone hates him, blah blah blah.... Sorry I am alive attitude

I am slowly but surely loosing my cool....

Please help
LS

I think in a case like you describe, it is our duty to make it YOUR mission in life to enjoy frustrating the hell out of him by NOT getting irritated by whatever he does to cause the irritation. Nothing annoys and annoyer so much as when the audience won't get annoyed. Also, as a tactic, you can try agreeing with whatever he says, but in a flat "not really listening" manner, and if he ever takes you up on something saying "But you agreed with me", just say, brightly "SO sorry, I really wasnt listening ! You know the problems I have myself, so I just cant afford to allow myself to listen when someone is saying gloomy things. "

1
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/11/08

Hi LS,

Know what, that sounds like it could've been me...

Anyway, sometimes, ignorance is bliss!!!

Take care.
Shaun

Reply to Shaun